Donald Trump made a calculated attempt to steal the show during Tuesday’s Democratic Debate—even though he wasn’t on stage.
The Republican frontrunner live-tweeted the debate, egging on his followers and taking shots at the Democrats, but he wasn’t too pleased by what he saw.
Here are some of Trump’s best Tweets:
On Sanders saying that “black lives matter:”
Hillary Clinton’s email scandal:
On the Democratic field:
On how bored he was:
By the end of the night, Trump had added some 60,000 Twitter followers according to analysis by Vocativ. Sanders had accumulated a further 28,000 while Clinton attracted a mere 10,000 new followers.
And in a surprise tweet Wednesday morning, Trump praised Hillary Clinton’s performance:
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving