A small plane crashed into a trailer park in Lake Worth, Florida in Palm Beach on Tuesday.
“The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Department in Florida advised the FAA that a small aircraft crashed into a mobile home park in Lake Worth shortly before 6 p.m.,” FAA representative Kathleen Bergen wrote in a statement to TIME. “They said that homes are on fire. We have no information about the aircraft or other details yet.”
The plane was not headed to or from the Palm Beach International Airport, a spokesperson said.
The local fire department did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
- Column: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive