A small plane crashed into a trailer park in Lake Worth, Florida in Palm Beach on Tuesday.
“The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Department in Florida advised the FAA that a small aircraft crashed into a mobile home park in Lake Worth shortly before 6 p.m.,” FAA representative Kathleen Bergen wrote in a statement to TIME. “They said that homes are on fire. We have no information about the aircraft or other details yet.”
The plane was not headed to or from the Palm Beach International Airport, a spokesperson said.
The local fire department did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body