President Barack Obama crashed a wedding after playing golf at Torrey Pines Golf Course in San Diego, California.
When the President completed his game at the 18th hole, he walked over to the wedding ceremony and posed for photos with the groom, Brian Tobe, and his bride-to-be, Stephanie, who was so shocked and excited that she started to cry, NBC San Diego reports.
The President and the groom briefly chatted about some of their common interests, given the groom is a psychiatrist at the VA in San Diego who got an MD and PhD at University of Chicago, where the President taught at the law school.
Before the President left, he apologized for delaying their ceremony, and gave the groom one piece of advice: “He saw my foot on the train of the wedding dress, and he says ‘oops, can’t put your foot on the wedding dress there,’” Tobe told 10 News.
Last year, Bloomberg reported that the President had to apologize to a military couple that had to relocate their wedding because he was playing golf at the course on a marine base in Hawaii where they planned to get married.
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism