For the first time since the serious car crash that temporarily put him in a coma in 2014, Tracy Morgan appeared at the Comedy Cellar on Monday to perform stand-up.
“My first time on stage in 16 Months at the #ComedyCellar!” he tweeted, along with a picture from the appearance. “Picking up the pieces!”
Morgan recently appeared on stage at the Emmys, thanking his doctors and family for their support and joking that he recently “started to feel like myself, which means a whole lot of women are going to get pregnant at the after party.” He will return to his old stomping grounds to host Saturday Night Live on Sunday.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List