Law & Order: SVU is well known for its storylines based on thinly veiled dramatizations of actual events. An upcoming episode description from season 17 of the courtroom drama suggests that it will reference the ongoing Duggar family case.
The episode called “Patrimonial Burden” features the SVU team investigating “an unraveling web of secrets when the virtuous 13 year-old daughter of a famous reality TV family discovers she’s pregnant,” according to NBC.
This controversial narrative comes on the heels of reports that the oldest Duggar son, Josh, had an account on hacked extramarital affairs website Ashley Madison. In May, TLC cancelled 19 Kids and Counting, the Duggars’ show, after it was revealed that Josh had allegedly molested five girls, including some of his sisters.
“With the Duggar one, it was like the double-whammy because it was his sisters and the fact—I mean, honestly, I feel like we’re dealing with some topics this season that feel a bit meatier than some lunatic fringe family…I wouldn’t mind doing one just because I have never been so infuriated with someone’s level of hypocrisy, and lying, and then displacement of responsibility onto something else,” Peter Scanavino, Detective Carisi on the show, told E! Online. “When I think about that guy [Josh Duggar], it boils my blood, I will say.”
The episode airs Nov. 4 at 9 p.m.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- The Threat to Louisiana's Drinking Water
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time