Law & Order: SVU is well known for its storylines based on thinly veiled dramatizations of actual events. An upcoming episode description from season 17 of the courtroom drama suggests that it will reference the ongoing Duggar family case.
The episode called “Patrimonial Burden” features the SVU team investigating “an unraveling web of secrets when the virtuous 13 year-old daughter of a famous reality TV family discovers she’s pregnant,” according to NBC.
This controversial narrative comes on the heels of reports that the oldest Duggar son, Josh, had an account on hacked extramarital affairs website Ashley Madison. In May, TLC cancelled 19 Kids and Counting, the Duggars’ show, after it was revealed that Josh had allegedly molested five girls, including some of his sisters.
“With the Duggar one, it was like the double-whammy because it was his sisters and the fact—I mean, honestly, I feel like we’re dealing with some topics this season that feel a bit meatier than some lunatic fringe family…I wouldn’t mind doing one just because I have never been so infuriated with someone’s level of hypocrisy, and lying, and then displacement of responsibility onto something else,” Peter Scanavino, Detective Carisi on the show, told E! Online. “When I think about that guy [Josh Duggar], it boils my blood, I will say.”
The episode airs Nov. 4 at 9 p.m.
- Amanda Gorman on the Greatest Lesson She’s Learned This Year
- What Actually Worries U.S. Doctors About Omicron
- Reuniting Families Separated Under Trump Is Expensive. Should the U.S. Government Pay?
- The 10 Best Movies of 2021
- America's Foster Care System Is a Dangerous Place for Trans Teens. Now They're Fighting for Change
- Stressed About Going Back to the Office? Here Are 8 Ways to Make It Easier
- What to Know About Digital World, the Company Funding Trump's New Social Media Platform 'TRUTH Social'