In honor of International Day of the Girl, Michelle Obama released a Spotify playlist jam-packed with girl-power anthems. She created the playlist to celebrate the fourth annual October 11th holiday, a day designated by the United Nations to promote awareness of gender inequality around the world.
The First Lady’s music choices include a wide range of songs, from pop hits such as Beyoncé’s “Run the World (Girls)” and Demi Lovato’s “Confident,” to classic soulful tunes like Diana Ross’s “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” and Aretha Franklin’s “Respect.”
The White House released the playlist on its Spotify channel on Sunday and you can listen to it below.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time