In honor of International Day of the Girl, Michelle Obama released a Spotify playlist jam-packed with girl-power anthems. She created the playlist to celebrate the fourth annual October 11th holiday, a day designated by the United Nations to promote awareness of gender inequality around the world.
The First Lady’s music choices include a wide range of songs, from pop hits such as Beyoncé’s “Run the World (Girls)” and Demi Lovato’s “Confident,” to classic soulful tunes like Diana Ross’s “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” and Aretha Franklin’s “Respect.”
The White House released the playlist on its Spotify channel on Sunday and you can listen to it below.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List