In the Oct. 26 TIME, Katy Steinmetz looks at how millennial parents, who now number more than 22 million in America with about 9,000 babies born to them each day, think about family. To help us understand what makes this generation different from Generation X and baby boomers, TIME and Survey Monkey conducted a poll of more than 2,000 U.S. parents with children under the age of 18. Respondents answered questions on everything from social media use to food to names.
For one millennial parent’s view, read Girls actress Jemima Kirke on why total control of your children is futile.
- Quiz: Which Generation Matches Your Parenting Style?
- Jemima Kirke: Total Parenting Control Is Futile
- Cover Story: Help! My Parents Are Millennials
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time