American Idol got an unexpected boost of star power when Kanye West surprised the judges by showing up to audition in San Francisco on Saturday.
“Look who’s going to Hollywood!” host Ryan Seacrest captioned a smiling photo of West, 38, about to give a high-five to wife Kim Kardashian West, following his successful audition (with his own hit song, “Gold Digger,” of course).
Kardashian West, 34, captured the moment when the judges – Harry Connick Jr., Jennifer Lopez (who gets a name drop in “Gold Digger”) and Keith Urban – realized who was going to perform for them.
“SURPRISE!” she captioned the photo of Instagram, showing Connick Jr. and Lopez with big grins.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time