Actor Shia LaBeouf has been arrested again, this time for public intoxication in Austin, authorities say.
Police said in a statement that the Transformers star was arrested around 7:30pm for public intoxication, but that “due to pending adjudication, no further details will be released at this time.” The statement included a mug shot of LeBeouf.
LaBeouf has long struggled with alcohol problems, and agreed to seek treatment for alcohol abuse last year after he pled guilty to disorderly conduct for a very public meltdown on Broadway in New York City, where he shouted at actors onstage during a performance of Cabaret, refused to leave the theater, and then spat at a police officer, while shouting “do you know who the f— I am?”
LeBeouf rose to fame as the 14-year old star of Disney’s “Even Stevens” in 2000.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was