ABC’s Good Morning America aired a glimpse of never-before-seen outtakes that show the late comedic actor Robin Williams in a recording booth voicing the genie in Aladdin.
The bonus outtakes of the Academy Award-winning actor, who died last year, are available on a new Blu-Ray edition of the 1992 classic Disney film, available Oct. 13.
The morning show also reunited the creative minds behind the movie, who discussed the comic’s performance. When George Stephanopoulos asked if Williams could really sing, composer Alan Menken said that while “most of it ended up on the cutting room floor,” he “learned to.”
Watch some of the outtakes and the interviews below:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction