ABC’s Good Morning America aired a glimpse of never-before-seen outtakes that show the late comedic actor Robin Williams in a recording booth voicing the genie in Aladdin.
The bonus outtakes of the Academy Award-winning actor, who died last year, are available on a new Blu-Ray edition of the 1992 classic Disney film, available Oct. 13.
The morning show also reunited the creative minds behind the movie, who discussed the comic’s performance. When George Stephanopoulos asked if Williams could really sing, composer Alan Menken said that while “most of it ended up on the cutting room floor,” he “learned to.”
Watch some of the outtakes and the interviews below:
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears