A French tourist hiking with three fellow backpackers in New Zealand captured a first-person video of the group falling off a suspension bridge. The footage was caught by a GoPro the man was wearing to record the outdoor expedition. When the group tries to cross the bridge, a cable snaps and the hikers fall into the water 25 feet below.
The video was filmed on the Hopuruahine bridge, according to The Guardian. The bridge is part of the Lake Waikaremoana Great Walk, a hiking track in Te Urewera National Park on the North Island of New Zealand.
YouTube user Adrien Whistle posted the video on Monday. He states in the caption that the bridge was designed to carry a maximum of 10 people. Luckily, no one was seriously injured.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears