A French tourist hiking with three fellow backpackers in New Zealand captured a first-person video of the group falling off a suspension bridge. The footage was caught by a GoPro the man was wearing to record the outdoor expedition. When the group tries to cross the bridge, a cable snaps and the hikers fall into the water 25 feet below.
The video was filmed on the Hopuruahine bridge, according to The Guardian. The bridge is part of the Lake Waikaremoana Great Walk, a hiking track in Te Urewera National Park on the North Island of New Zealand.
YouTube user Adrien Whistle posted the video on Monday. He states in the caption that the bridge was designed to carry a maximum of 10 people. Luckily, no one was seriously injured.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023