Oregon dispensaries made more than $11 million in their first week of recreational marijuana sales.
This puts Oregon far ahead of the pace of Colorado, which made $5 million its first week of recreational sales, and Washington, which didn’t make $2 million until four weeks in, the Oregon Retail Cannabis Association told KGW. Oregon made $3.2 million on the first day of sales alone.
Oregon recreational marijuana sales won’t be taxed until January, but this first week of sales shows that the state could make far more than it initially predicted once that 25 percent tax is instated.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears