A king cobra named Elvis that had been on the loose in Orlando since September 1 was finally found behind a woman’s dryer in Ocoee.
The 8-foot long cobra slithered nearly half a mile away from its original owner, Mike Kennedy, who didn’t report the escape right away.
Animal Control officials said the snake was hissing and acting aggressive under the woman’s dryer. The Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission stopped looking for the snake two weeks after it went missing.
Kennedy stars in the Discovery Channel’s show Airplane Repo was upset about the public’s fear-filled reaction to Elvis’ escape.
“For someone who has adamantly protected wildlife for over 20 years I feel crucified by this,” he told FOX411. “It makes you feel like Cecil the Lion’s hunter. I’m the guy the county goes to fix problems, and now to be the problem is devastating. I’m a wildlife conservationist. “
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement