On Monday night, ballerina Misty Copeland performed on The Late Show With Stephen Colbert with legendary cellist Yo-Yo Ma. In a follow-up clip posted to the show’s YouTube channel, Copeland revealed the secret that allows her to always dance perfectly in time with the music. The trick, she says, is that all of her dances are carefully choreographed to work with all music.
Watch above as Copeland proves that her routines really do work with just about any genre you can imagine. Hard rock, bluegrass, you name it. Misty can dance to it.
Read next: Misty Copeland Becomes First Black Principal Ballerina at American Ballet Theatre
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism