Indiana University’s Alpha Tau Omega fraternity has been suspended following allegations of hazing revealed in a sexually explicit video.
The video, which was widely circulated on social media, appears to show a pledge performing a sexual act on a woman. A Reddit post of the video claimed it was the ATO fraternity at Indiana and includes a caption that alleges the fraternity forces its pledges to perform sex acts with strippers.
The university posted on Twitter late Wednesday that there would be an investigation:
“The video is highly offensive and is antithetical to the values of Alpha Tau Omega,” Wynn Smiley, CEO of the national chapter of ATO, said in a statement emailed to IndyStar.com. “If confirmed, the men who were a part of such an outlandish incident do not represent the fraternity and damage the fraternity’s name for thousands of other ATO undergraduates and alumni across the country.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow