Amazon is launching its own crafty marketplace in an apparent bid to compete with online flea market Etsy.
Handmade at Amazon has about 80,000 items from artisans selling things like hand-stamped bracelets, salvaged furniture and hanging terrariums. Certain products also come with Prime two-day shipping.
The marketplace includes items from over 85 countries, the site says, and even seems to take a dig at Etsy by saying users can “customize your products when you buy, no need to send separate messages to the artisan to specify options.”
Etsy has struggled since its IPO in April, taking an 18% dive when the company reported a quarterly loss. Amazon’s new launch has been rumored since May, when Etsy sellers were reportedly asked to join Amazon’s new market.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World