Vanilla Ice’s “Ninja Rap.” MC Hammer’s “Addams Groove.” Will Smith’s “Wild, Wild West.” Do you miss the bygone days of the 1990s, when it seemed like every youth-targeted movie got a really corny but oddly catchy rap song to go with it?
Probably not, but Jack Black has you covered anyway. The Goosebumps star sings the hook in a new music video for “The Bumps Gonna Goose Ya,” a tongue-in-cheek throwback rap that dutifully name-checks the supernatural characters in the upcoming R.L. Stine-inspired movie.
Nerdist’s Malik Forte does the heavy lifting, spitting rhymes about ghouls and ghosts while rocking an ectoplasm-emblazoned vest. And yes, there are backup dancers.
Watch “The Bumps Gonna Goose Ya” above. Goosebumps opens Oct. 16.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve