At a homecoming for the 3rd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division, from Fort Carson, Colorado, a girl in an American flag-themed outfit stole the show by running up to her dad, Lieutenant Daniel Oglesby, to give him a hug in the middle of the ceremony.
The troops were deployed in southwest Asia for about 8-9 months.
He told FOX 21 News that when he saw his daughter, Cara, racing towards him, he “was trying to decide whether or not it was good practice to break formation, but I didn’t have the heart in me to not give my little baby a hug.”
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve