Justin Lansford and his dog Gabe have been through a lot together since the U.S. Army Veteran was wounded in Afghanistan.
Lansford lost his leg in an IED explosion during his time as a paratrooper in the 82nd Airborne Division in 2012, ABC News reports. When he returned home to recover, he was partnered with two-year-old Gabe, a golden retriever from the Warrior Canine Connection, a nonprofit that pairs wounded warriors with therapy dogs to help with post traumatic stress disorder. The two have since become inseparable.
When Lansford decided to propose to his long-time girlfriend, Carol Balmes, he could think of no one else he’d rather have as his best man than his faithful canine friend. So on Saturday, Gabe dressed in his finest and stood up with his owner at the couple’s ceremony in Largo, Fla.
This level of commitment gives a whole new meaning to the phrase “man’s best friend.”
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now