The cultural critics over at Screen Junkies are back with another “honest trailer” and this one tackles a beloved Disney classic: Aladdin.
“From the studio who’s not exactly known for tastefully handling other cultures’ stories,” the voiceover begins, “comes the 25th anniversary of a Middle Eastern fairy tale that would never be made today.”
The trailer outlines the story of “a hunky thief with no home, no parents, and no nipples” who teaches kids that stealing is okay and says whatever it takes to get into Princess Jasmine’s “M.C. Hammer pants.”
As a bonus, this trailer features new versions of all the Aladdin songs. Warning: this will definitely ruin “A Whole New World” for you.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve