The cultural critics over at Screen Junkies are back with another “honest trailer” and this one tackles a beloved Disney classic: Aladdin.
“From the studio who’s not exactly known for tastefully handling other cultures’ stories,” the voiceover begins, “comes the 25th anniversary of a Middle Eastern fairy tale that would never be made today.”
The trailer outlines the story of “a hunky thief with no home, no parents, and no nipples” who teaches kids that stealing is okay and says whatever it takes to get into Princess Jasmine’s “M.C. Hammer pants.”
As a bonus, this trailer features new versions of all the Aladdin songs. Warning: this will definitely ruin “A Whole New World” for you.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement