The cultural critics over at Screen Junkies are back with another “honest trailer” and this one tackles a beloved Disney classic: Aladdin.
“From the studio who’s not exactly known for tastefully handling other cultures’ stories,” the voiceover begins, “comes the 25th anniversary of a Middle Eastern fairy tale that would never be made today.”
The trailer outlines the story of “a hunky thief with no home, no parents, and no nipples” who teaches kids that stealing is okay and says whatever it takes to get into Princess Jasmine’s “M.C. Hammer pants.”
As a bonus, this trailer features new versions of all the Aladdin songs. Warning: this will definitely ruin “A Whole New World” for you.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org