Lady Gaga loves scary things, even if she isn’t scared so easily. The American Horror Story: Hotel star appeared on Tuesday night’s episode of The Tonight Show and detailed her love of horror and its ability to help her unwind.
“Dangerous things and horror relaxes me,” the singer told Jimmy Fallon. “It really freaks out my friends a lot. It particularly freaks out my fiancé quite a bit as well.”
Gaga listed true-crime shows like Dateline, Snapped, and The Jinx as some of her favorites. She said she focuses on the conviction of the killers in those shows, which gives her an immunity to fear and makes it easier to film for American Horror Story.
The singer also said she loved “the dichotomy of sex and horror at the same time,” something Jimmy Fallon related to.
“I’m used to that,” Fallon said. That sounds a lot like my life.”
Watch the clip below to see the singer explain how becoming a pop star served as a backdoor into the world of acting.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org