Lady Gaga loves scary things, even if she isn’t scared so easily. The American Horror Story: Hotel star appeared on Tuesday night’s episode of The Tonight Show and detailed her love of horror and its ability to help her unwind.
“Dangerous things and horror relaxes me,” the singer told Jimmy Fallon. “It really freaks out my friends a lot. It particularly freaks out my fiancé quite a bit as well.”
Gaga listed true-crime shows like Dateline, Snapped, and The Jinx as some of her favorites. She said she focuses on the conviction of the killers in those shows, which gives her an immunity to fear and makes it easier to film for American Horror Story.
The singer also said she loved “the dichotomy of sex and horror at the same time,” something Jimmy Fallon related to.
“I’m used to that,” Fallon said. That sounds a lot like my life.”
Watch the clip below to see the singer explain how becoming a pop star served as a backdoor into the world of acting.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023