Former Tonight Show Jay Leno host returned to his former late night home to deliver the opening monologue after current host Jimmy Fallon pretended to pull a hamstring. In the four-minute bit, the comedian seemed to make up for lost time leaving no one untouched from Donald Trump to the Kardashians.
“After that last debate, Marco Rubio is being called the best communicator in the Republican party,” said Leno. “It’s kind of like being called the smartest Kardashian.”
Leno also went after the current president. “If Bernie Sanders wins he’ll be the first socialist elected president since 2008,” he said.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Justin Worland at email@example.com