Adorable photos of a four-month-old, orphaned brushtail possum joey named Bettina clutching a stuffed toy kangaroo have been shared by the Taronga Zoo in Mosman, a suburb outside of Sydney, Australia. After being found alone and dehydrated nearby, the animal is being cared for by a nurse at the zoo’s wildlife hospital, Felicity Evans, who carries “a makeshift pouch” and wakes up “in the middle of the night to bottle feed and toilet the joey,” according to a news release. Eventually, the marsupial will be slowly be reintroduced to the wild. No word on whether the stuffed friend will join Bettina.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow