On The Late Show With Stephen Colbert Monday night, American Ballet Theatre’s first black principal ballerina Misty Copeland performed the courante from Johann Sebastian Bach’s Cello Suite No. 2 with legendary cellist Yo-Yo Ma.
The classical musician is turning 60 Wednesday, while the dancer has been promoting a documentary about her life, A Ballerina’s Tale, which comes out Oct. 14.
Yo-Yo Ma also performed “The Swan” by Charles-Camille Saint-Saëns and George Gershwin’s “Prelude No. 1” with Colbert’s band, Jon Batiste and Stay Human, in two web exclusive videos:
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears