A high-school football player from Washington state has died from injuries sustained in a game, officials said Monday, the second game-related fatality in just over a week.
Highline Public Schools said in a statement that Kenney Bui, a senior at Evergreen High School, was “critically injured” during Friday night’s game. He underwent surgery at Harborview Medical Center but died late Monday morning, the school district said.
“This is a devastating loss for all of us,” Superintendent Susan Enfield said.
Bui was a senior at the Technology and Communications High School, one of three small schools housed on the Evergreen campus.
Read the rest of the story from our partners at NBC News
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- How Drag Culture Inspired Ursula
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction