A high-school football player from Washington state has died from injuries sustained in a game, officials said Monday, the second game-related fatality in just over a week.
Highline Public Schools said in a statement that Kenney Bui, a senior at Evergreen High School, was “critically injured” during Friday night’s game. He underwent surgery at Harborview Medical Center but died late Monday morning, the school district said.
“This is a devastating loss for all of us,” Superintendent Susan Enfield said.
Bui was a senior at the Technology and Communications High School, one of three small schools housed on the Evergreen campus.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This