Late Late Show host James Corden took the drama of Taylor Swift’s songs to another level on Monday when he and guests John Stamos and Julianne Moore acted out a soap opera using only her lyrics.
The trio cobbled together lines from newer T. Swift hits like “Shake it Off,” “Blank Space” and “I Knew You Were Trouble,” along with some throwback Swift songs like “I’m Only Me When I’m With You,” to make for one epic scene in the fictional show, The Bold and the Lyrical.
At one point, Moore and Corden went back and forth with lyrics from “You Belong with Me.”
“She wears short skirts,” Corden says. “I wear T-Shirts,” Moore retorts.
Watch the full clip below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement