According to Back to the Future II, by Oct. 21, 2015, we were supposed to have a lot of amazing things: auto-laced sneakers, Pepsi Perfect (which is actually happening), hoverboards, flying cars, and much more. While everything in that movie has definitely not come true, Universal Studios has helped celebrate the franchise’s 30th anniversary by releasing a trailer for Jaws 19, which was playing in theaters when Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox) arrived in the future.
Detailing the long list of sequels that preceded it, the Jaws 19 trailer reveals all the possibilities that can happen when you introduce a shark into… well, anything. Back to the Future II gave the briefest of glimpses to what the movie would look like, playing on holofilms at the time of Marty’s visit to 2015.
Watch the video below for a tease of Jaws sequels set everywhere from cyber space to outer space.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating