Fans of The Good Wife have long speculated about an alleged feud between Julianna Margulies, who plays the titular attorney Alicia Florrick, and her co-star Archie Panjabi, who played enigmatic investigator Kalinda Sharma and left the show earlier this year after six seasons. Now, after Margulies addressed the rumors, Panjabi is adding fuel to the fire.
Fans’ evidence for this feud focused on the fact that the two actresses hadn’t shared a scene together in about two years. Their characters did have a falling out on the show, after Alicia learned that Kalinda had slept with her husband years earlier but speculation escalated after last season’s finale, in which the two filmed their final scene “together” separately.
During an interview at the New Yorker Festival, Margulies insisted there was nothing to the rumors, via Vulture:
As for shooting their finale scene separately, Margulies said that it was “shot the way Robert wanted to shoot it” and suggested that Panjabi’s commitments to The Fall factored into the scheduling.
But Panjabi is calling B.S. on Margulies’ explanation. On Monday she tweeted a link to an article with Margulies’ explanation and said The Fall “was not even in production at that time and I was in New York ready to film the scene!”
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State