Fans of The Good Wife have long speculated about an alleged feud between Julianna Margulies, who plays the titular attorney Alicia Florrick, and her co-star Archie Panjabi, who played enigmatic investigator Kalinda Sharma and left the show earlier this year after six seasons. Now, after Margulies addressed the rumors, Panjabi is adding fuel to the fire.
Fans’ evidence for this feud focused on the fact that the two actresses hadn’t shared a scene together in about two years. Their characters did have a falling out on the show, after Alicia learned that Kalinda had slept with her husband years earlier but speculation escalated after last season’s finale, in which the two filmed their final scene “together” separately.
During an interview at the New Yorker Festival, Margulies insisted there was nothing to the rumors, via Vulture:
As for shooting their finale scene separately, Margulies said that it was “shot the way Robert wanted to shoot it” and suggested that Panjabi’s commitments to The Fall factored into the scheduling.
But Panjabi is calling B.S. on Margulies’ explanation. On Monday she tweeted a link to an article with Margulies’ explanation and said The Fall “was not even in production at that time and I was in New York ready to film the scene!”
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating