Regular proposals are so out and virtual reality proposals are in. At least for this Seattle couple.
Chandler Murch invited his girlfriend, Kelly Tortorice, to come visit him at work at Valve Software Corporation under the ruse of testing out a virtual reality headset. Little did she know that he was actually planning on proposing to her. Tortorice described how Murch popped the question in a Facebook post:
“So there I was, typical day…on a sunken ship deck; fixing robots; painting three-dimensional fire; walking through the Alps; and then suddenly, a virtual engagement ring started floating my way,” she said. “Chandler told me to grab it. Then told me to take off my headset, and there he really was, on one knee, with a real ring.”
She also revealed that she enthusiastically accepted her boyfriend’s proposal.
“But I didn’t say yes. I said, ‘OF COURSE I WILL MARRY YOU!’ Thank you for such a hilarious and fun surprise,” Tortorice wrote.
This means a virtual reality wedding can’t be far off.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space