Ryan Adams, you’ve got some Taylor Swift-covering competition.
Joel Cross, an artist whose voice has been described soulful and appears on Youtube as “Skuitarist,” was at the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Gardens on Saturday and decided to take on Swift’s iconic song “Shake It Off.”
He prefaced the video by saying that he wasn’t necessarily used to doing covers of Taylor Swift, but launched into a calming, soothing take on the singer’s first single from her hit 1989 that took the pop song into new territory. Think Sunday morning, coffee shop, zen-like soundtrack.
No word from Swift’s camp on Cross’s take.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate