The 80s-90s action-adventure TV series MacGyver is getting a reboot from CBS, and the director of Furious 7 will be the executive producer.
According to Entertainment Weekly, CBS has described the series as a “reimagining of the television series of the same name, following a 20-something MacGyver as he gets recruited into a clandestine organization where he uses his knack for solving problems in unconventional ways to help prevent disasters from happening.” James Wan, who directed Furious 7, will be producing the show.
Wan has wanted to make a MacGyver film for some time, EW reports. However, film plans have yet to come to fruition.
Richard Dean Anderson starred in the original MacGyver series which ran for seven seasons on ABC starting in 1985.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears