Even though it lost the deflategate decision, September was a good month for the NFL. After all, none of its players were arrested.
In fact, September was the first month in six years that no NFL players were arrested, according to USA Today. Recently, the league has had some very public scandals including the Ray Rice elevator assault, Adrian Peterson’s child abuse case, and former NFL player Aaron Hernandez’s murder conviction earlier this year.
Mike Rosenberg, a part-time reporter for Reuters who brought attention to the arrest-free month, highlighted the NFL teams that have gone the longest since their last arrest-free year.
Here’s a handy guide to NFL player arrests over time.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com