Demi Lovato stripped down for photographer Patrick Ecclesine to show off her newfound sense of self acceptance.
The star, who lost her great-grandfather the day before the spontaneous photoshoot, told the Vanity Fair photographer what inspired her.
“If there’s one thing I’ve learned in the past day, it’s that life is too short,” she told Ecclesine.
Lovato explained the body-positive image that she was striving for: “Super-sexy, but no makeup, no fancy lighting, no retouching, and no clothing.”
“I’m about to launch an album that finally represents who I truly am. How do I embrace this new chapter in my life? How do I really walk the walk? What does it mean to be confident? It means letting go, being authentic, saying I don’t give a f**k and this is who I am. I want to show the side of me that’s real, that’s liberated, that’s free. What if we do a photo shoot where it’s totally raw?”
“You know, that says—I never would’ve thought I’d get to a point in my life where I’d feel comfortable doing that.”
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World