Since Instagram launched five years ago Tuesday, more than 40 billion photos have been shared, and the community has amassed more than 400 million users. Currently, the social network averages more than 80 million image uploads and 3.5 billion “likes” per day, according to its website.
In honor of the app’s birthday, here are the five most-liked Instagrams ever. Despite all of the cute dogs and latte art on the photo-sharing platform, the data proves (yet again) that “America’s First Family” dominates social media.
1. May 25, 2015: Keeping Up With the Kardashians star and model Kendall Jenner’s elaborate heart-shaped hairdo.
3. July 3, 2015: Taylor Swift vacationing with her boyfriend, the DJ Calvin Harris.
4. May 27, 2014: Kim Kardashian marrying Kanye West.
5. July 23, 2015: Another Kardashian family member, Kylie Jenner, graduating from high school in Ojai, Calif.
Plus, here are the most-liked images of each year since the social network launched.
2010: The first Instagram — taken July 16 by founder Kevin Systrom — shows a golden retriever at a taco stand called Tacos Chilakos and a foot (his girlfriend’s).
2011: Near the end of the year (Dec. 29 to be exact), Canadian pop star Justin Bieber earned the title with this family photo of his dad, Jeremy, and toddler siblings Jaxon and Jazmyn.
2012: A day after Halloween, One Direction stars Louis Tomlinson and Zayn Malik spooked fans.
2013: The Biebs and Will Smith look like they’re having a ball on Aug. 13.
2014: The world couldn’t get enough of Kimye’s nuptials.
2015: The model exemplified #hairgoals.
- Watch the CEO of Instagram Describe the App’s First Photo Ever
- This is What the Future of Instagram Looks Like
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve