Call them the theories that lived. The Harry Potter saga officially ended years ago, but fan theories about the magical world continue to thrive on the Internet—at least until J.K. Rowling shuts them down.
The author has no qualms about engaging with readers’ many interpretations or offering new details that change fans’ understanding of the books. In fact, she said the idea that Dumbledore is actually Death was “a beautiful theory [that] fits” the books in August. But she’s also not afraid to tell you when you’re flat-out wrong, as she did Friday with a few quick tweets. Sorry, guys—Ron is not Dumbledore, and Draco Malfoy is not a vampire, despite the evidence you amassed.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart