Call them the theories that lived. The Harry Potter saga officially ended years ago, but fan theories about the magical world continue to thrive on the Internet—at least until J.K. Rowling shuts them down.
The author has no qualms about engaging with readers’ many interpretations or offering new details that change fans’ understanding of the books. In fact, she said the idea that Dumbledore is actually Death was “a beautiful theory [that] fits” the books in August. But she’s also not afraid to tell you when you’re flat-out wrong, as she did Friday with a few quick tweets. Sorry, guys—Ron is not Dumbledore, and Draco Malfoy is not a vampire, despite the evidence you amassed.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State