But even he wasn’t prepared for what would happen when an attempt to figure out how loud a tuba is went awry on live TV. In the clip, you’ll see the enthusiastic journalist reporting on high school football from Desert Vista High School while hanging out with students in the marching band.
After chatting up the marching baritones, he moves on to talk to the sousaphone player. McCloskey then drops his microphone down the instrument’s horn, and suddenly all you hear is static until the anchors at the studio chime in to fill the air.
The video has racked up more than 1.8 million views since it was uploaded to the station’s Facebook page on Sept. 25.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time