We’ve been waiting a long time for a director to combine two of the greatest things the world has to offer: Game of Thrones and identical twins. Jason Zada heard our pleas and, come Jan. 8, will gift us with The Forest, a horror film starring GoT’s Natalie Dormer as a young woman who can read her identical twin sister’s mind. Which is obviously the best part of being identical twins, save for creating secret handshakes and pulling pranks on unsuspecting relatives.
Unfortunately, as the film kicks off, said twin sister is missing, having disappeared into Japan’s Aokigahara Forest—which, in real life and in the film, is infamous for being a destination for lost souls. As Dormer sets out to find her troubled sibling in The Forest’s new trailer, she learns it’s also a terrifying destination for angry ghosts, vengeful demons and deep holes in the ground that contain haunted cameras.
It’d be cool if this were a little cheerier, and we could watch Natalie dress up in matching outfits with her doppelgänger and solve low-stakes mysteries, but we’ll get there someday.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time