Gay marriage may not be legal in China, but one gay couple’s public proposal is going viral in the country.
A man proposed to his partner on a crowded subway car in Beijing, getting on one knee and saying, “I want everyone I know or I don’t know to witness this. I will be loving you for the rest of my life,” CNN reports.
The crowd on the subway car is supportive, and support online has been pouring in as well. The post has been shared more than 10,000 times on Sina Weibo, the Chinese version of Twitter, according to CNN, and the comments have been largely positive. That support comes in spite of the fact that homosexuality was once illegal in China and was decriminalized as recently as 1997.
Watch the video below:
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer
- What to Know About the Monkeypox Drug TPOXX—And Why It's So Hard to Get
- The Year's Final Supermoon Reminds Us Why We Love the Night Sky
- A Hotter World Means More Disease Outbreaks in Our Future
- How The Sandman Author Neil Gaiman Drew Inspiration From His Nightmares
- Candace Parker Is a Force in Basketball and Beyond
- Dropbox Tossed Out the Workplace Rulebook. Here’s How That’s Working