“100 Years of Wedding Dresses” depicts the standout styles that women have walked down the aisle in from 1915 to the present. While the details of the gowns evolve, the basics of bridal attire have stayed relatively the same over the years. The dresses are all white, long and feature some sort of veil or headpiece.
Mode takes us on a visual journey from the high-collared lace get-ups of the 1910s to the excess of the ’80s to the form-fitting look that is popular today.
And just as the digital publication did in “100 Years of Lingerie,” Mode uses the video to send a message. The style-through-the-years clip ends with the bride walking away with her partner as the words, “Love is always in fashion,” appear on the title screen.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms