Trevor Noah’s first week of The Daily Show is up and running, and Wednesday he invited New Jersey Governor and Republican Presidential hopeful Chris Christie to swing by the new show.
Noah questioned him about immigration and visas, joking about his own experience with one.
And the two broached the topic of Christie’s plan to keep immigrants from overstaying their visits to the U.S. “It’s going to cost so much money…7 billion dollars just to overhaul it in the airports,” Noah probed.
“It’s a lot less expensive than a 2 thousand mile wall across the entire southern border, how ’bout that?” Christie quipped back, referencing Donald Trump’s plan to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexican border to keep new immigrants from coming into the country.
Trump recently told Stephen Colbert that he’d tell the Mexican government: “We are going to build a wall. You’re going to pay for the wall.”
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World