Tesla’s new SUV, the Model X, comes with a strange new feature: A “bioweapon defense mode” designed to protect the driver in catastrophic conditions.
“This is a real button,” said Musk Tuesday while unveiling the new vehicle, according to The Verge. The car’s air filter “gives you hospital level air quality,” Musk said.
Musk said that the button can be used “if there’s ever an apocalyptic scenario of some kind.” By pressing the button, the model’s air filter kicks into its maximum level of filtration. “We’re trying to be a leader in apocalyptic defense scenarios,” Musk said.
Per The Verge:
Still, driving into a biohazard zone is probably not recommended.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy