Normally you don’t have to buy such an expensive ticket to be this publicly embarrassed.
Little did this fan know what a nightmare his terrific seats on Yankee Stadium’s third-base line would become at Tuesday’s Red Sox-Yankees game. The unfortunate guy was caught on camera butchering three separate shots at catching a foul ball.
First came a pop foul that he dropped. OK, pop-ups can be tricky. But that was followed by a ground ball that went right through his hands and into his chest. Finally, a merciful ball boy tried to throw the guy a bone by softly tossing him a ball that ended up hitting him in the face. The man was forced to reach over the wall to pick up his long-awaited prize.
Is any souvenir worth so much of your dignity?
[mlbvideo id=”508346983″ width=”400″ height=”224″ /]
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space