Normally you don’t have to buy such an expensive ticket to be this publicly embarrassed.
Little did this fan know what a nightmare his terrific seats on Yankee Stadium’s third-base line would become at Tuesday’s Red Sox-Yankees game. The unfortunate guy was caught on camera butchering three separate shots at catching a foul ball.
First came a pop foul that he dropped. OK, pop-ups can be tricky. But that was followed by a ground ball that went right through his hands and into his chest. Finally, a merciful ball boy tried to throw the guy a bone by softly tossing him a ball that ended up hitting him in the face. The man was forced to reach over the wall to pick up his long-awaited prize.
Is any souvenir worth so much of your dignity?
[mlbvideo id=”508346983″ width=”400″ height=”224″ /]
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart