Dan Handler, better known as A Series of Unfortunate Events author Lemony Snicket, pledged along with his wife Tuesday to donate a million dollars to Planned Parenthood, in the midst of an ongoing congressional investigation into the group.
Handler’s wife, the illustrator Lisa Brown, called Planned Parenthood “a great organization that has provided top-quality health care for countless women and families in our lives.
This year, Planned Parenthood has gone through a series of unfortunate events, and it felt right to make our support more public and more dramatic” in an interview with BuzzFeed
Planned Parenthood, which survived a lashing on the Hill today, thanked the Handlers.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time