The unbreakable bond between the Panther football players was the heart and soul behind the beloved fictional world of Friday Night Lights. So it should greatly please every FNL fan to see that some of those friendships stretched beyond Dillon, Texas, and are still going strong today.
Scott Porter, who played Jason Street on the show, welcomed his first child with wife Kelsey Mayfield in May this year. On Tuesday, Porter posted an Instagram of himself kissing the top of his son McCoy’s head while fellow FNL actors Matt Lauria and Gaius Charles stood smiling with their arms around him. Lauria and Charles portrayed characters Luke Cafferty and Brian ‘Smash’ Williams, respectively, on the acclaimed television drama.
“‘Good friends…livin’ large in Texas’…and babies. #TexasForever,” Porter captioned the photo, alluding to one of the most well-known quotes from the show.
Coach Taylor would certainly approve.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating