The unbreakable bond between the Panther football players was the heart and soul behind the beloved fictional world of Friday Night Lights. So it should greatly please every FNL fan to see that some of those friendships stretched beyond Dillon, Texas, and are still going strong today.
Scott Porter, who played Jason Street on the show, welcomed his first child with wife Kelsey Mayfield in May this year. On Tuesday, Porter posted an Instagram of himself kissing the top of his son McCoy’s head while fellow FNL actors Matt Lauria and Gaius Charles stood smiling with their arms around him. Lauria and Charles portrayed characters Luke Cafferty and Brian ‘Smash’ Williams, respectively, on the acclaimed television drama.
“‘Good friends…livin’ large in Texas’…and babies. #TexasForever,” Porter captioned the photo, alluding to one of the most well-known quotes from the show.
Coach Taylor would certainly approve.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time