One of TIME’s most influential teens is all grown up. Lorde’s collaboration with Disclosure, “Magnets,” is one the strongest tracks on the English dance duo’s sophomore LP, Caracal. Now, the pulsing mid-tempo number has a sexy video to match, one that shows off a whole new side of the New Zealand pop singer. At first it looks like Lorde is just sneaking in some steamy make-out sessions as the other woman in an ordinary love triangle, but then she dons a coat straight out of a Matrix character’s closet and pushes her make-out buddy to his fiery death in a pool that’s definitely not filled with water.
Guess she wasn’t kidding when she sings that line about “the point of no return.”
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time