NFL star J.J. Watt visited a young drive-by shooting victim in a Houston hospital on Monday.
The young boy, 11-year-old Manuel Jimenez, was shot inside his home on Friday morning; his 6-year-old brother was killed in the shooting. It’s unclear why the shooters were aiming at the house, but officials said they could have been pursuing two older brothers in the family, according to local NBC affiliate KPRC.
Jimenez’s family photographed the visit with Watt, a defensive end for the Houston Texans, and said that he was a big fan of both the player and the team.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time