Matt Damon shattered illusions and broke hearts on Saturday when he revealed on The Graham Norton Show that the lustrous ponytail he had been spotted with over the summer was the result of hair extensions.
While filming The Great Wall (2016) in Beijing, his hair was so replete with extensions that it took “a full day” to put them in, even flying a stylist from the U.S. to Beijing to commandeer the process. Having never had to manage long hair before, Damon developed “a whole new appreciation” for his wife and daughter: “It’s very hard to do!”
Host Graham Norton shared with Damon that the ponytail had caused quite the sensation on Twitter, and took to reading out some of the more inappropriate tweets. Surprisingly, the tweet hashtagged “ladyboner” was not the one you’d least like your grandmother to read out loud.
Check out the video above to see Damon (and Bryce Dallas Howard) react to the tweets, and for more on the heartbreaking lie of Damon’s ponytail.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears