Gigi Hadid took to Instagram to fire back at those bullying her on social media about her body.
The 20-year-old model, who walked the runway during New York and Milan Fashion Week for designers like Diane von Furstenberg and Versace, posted a text image on Instagram saying she’s let hateful comments get to her “a little.”
“I represent a body image that wasn’t accepted in high-fashion before,” she writes. “Yes, I have boobs, I have abs, I have a butt, I have thighs.”
Hadid, who made her runway debut at the Desigual fashion show in 2014, also appeared in Taylor Swift’s “Bad Blood” music video earlier this year.
This isn’t the first time she’s spoken of her body image, saying that, as a former athlete, she’s never wanted to be super skinny.
“I hope everyone gets to a place in their life where they’d rather talk about the things that inspire them over the things that bring others down.”
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023