World leaders are gathered in New York on Monday for the 70th session of the United Nations General Assembly.
Speakers on Monday morning will include President Obama, President Xi Jinping of China, President Vladimir Putin of Russia, and President Hassan Rouhani of Iran.
The heads of state are expected touch on a wide range of issues including the refugee crisis gripping Europe, and Putin is expected to make an announcement regarding Russia’s involvement with the fight against the militant group Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS).
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow